Monday, December 15, 2014

THE FINAL LETTER.

I am absolutely CERTAIN that I will look back on my mission, and be grateful I endured to the end. Although not large, my contribution to the Lord has had significance in His eyes. I can feel it.

Sad news that Iwaki has to be closed for sisters. But it's happy news that the other areas didn't have to close for the sisters! This week was busy, and we got to teach Sach san and Maria. Sach san has agreed to continue to be taught by the elders, and Maria will be taught by SKYPE. Thank goodness for technology!!

I got to sing in sacrament meeting for my final meeting, and it made me happy. I've tried hard to develop the talents the Lord has given me on my mission. By having had the opportunity to serve, I learned how to love. I'm so grateful for having had this opportunity to serve!!

This week was busy, and I'll be busy until I hop on the plane (and have an 8 hour layover in Tokyo--instanly un-busied.)
 
So the general run-down of this week is as follows:
 
Monday- We rode the SHINKANSEN bullet train up North to Yamagata, and climbed Yamadera! It's a famous site with temples in the mountains-it was dusted with snow and we had a blast!
 
Tuesday- We had Christmas Zone Taikai at Yamagata! And for the first time since my 4th transfer; I didn't translate the meeting! Woohoo! I guess they decided to give the old missionary a break;)
 
Wednesday- Appointments and my last time at Eikaiwa English Class! Some of my favorite students looked like they were going to cry...it was super cute!
 
Friday- Last lesson with Maria! She promised to come to church..but then got busy....and didn't. sad. She'll be taught on SKYPE in Spanish from now on!
 
And then just lots more meeting with people, packing, and doing the standard dendo! We were able to meet with a lot of people this week and tell them that the elders will be taking it from here! So our district isgoing from 8 to 4 people- and they're all elders! But they're all great missionaries so I'm sure they'll do fine!
 
I can't believe this is my last letter. It's not that the mission seemed THAT fast; it just seems like I'll be a missionary forever. Well; I WILL be; just not with the tag. Once it actually hits me that I'm going to have to leave Japan and not speak in Japanese and not be able to serve the Japanese people-I'm gonna cry. Big time. It's impossible to put a year and a half of heart into something and then leave it; expecting your heart won't notice the difference. I love Jesus Christ, and I love the Japanese people! They are SO SPECIAL to God, and He's working on them and preparing them to accept their Savior! The Saints here are some of the strongest people I've ever met. I'll tell you about them when I get back. They are spiritual giants!

  I'm looking forward to seeing you this week! I do accept that my time has come and that missions come to an end; but it's really just a springboard into life! People keep telling me I better come back to Japan; I don't think I'd be able to NOT come back!
 
I know that this work is the Lord's work, and I will be eternally grateful for having been able to serve my Savior!
 
Love you! Thank you for your year-and-a-half of love, support, and prayers. It means a lot to me.

See you on the other side;)

Orgill Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment