Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Week 21--Aomori, Japan

Well, it looks like I'm leaving behind apples, 18 feet of snow, and my 68-year-old "boyfriend" because I'm being transferred to Kamisugi!! My companion is a Nihonjin on her final transfer- Taka-something or other! It will be a great experience. I already miss Aomori- but there are things to love in every area.  This transfer was a hard one (probably not the last, I would bet). We worked our tails off and saw very little success as far as numbers. We experienced a lot of disappointments, stress, and hard times. But I have grown from it; I know I have. It is certainly in times of opposition and hardship that we grow the most. At the end of our ropes when we had done all we could do, the Lord gave us the miracle of Y-san. Sometimes we just have to hold out faithful a littleeeee bit longer, and the Lord will bless us abundantly for our perseverance. I know that God answers our prayers. He is continual answering mine. We are not alone in the trials of this life. In the words of Jeffrey R. Holland, "Some blessings come soon, some blessings come late, and others don’t come until Heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ; they come." And come they do. We have been teaching N-shimai as if she is an investigator because she went inactive as soon as she was baptized, and watching her faith slowly progress as she trusts us more has been a blessing to watch. And the fact that Y-san just happened to walk into Eikaiwa English class after it was done when we could all chat with her, and she just happens to be around our age (24) and speaks English fluently and lived for 4 years DOWN THE STREET from J- Shimai in Rocklin CA and that she wants to be a Christian and that her parents let her do what she wants as far as religion is all a MIRACLE. I don't have much else to tell you this week; I love my district, the branch, and our investigators.
   I know Kamisugi will bring great things as well- and I look forward to it! Time to peace out of the freezing north and say hellooooo to Sendai!
Love you all; you're in my prayers.
Keep it classy, and remember that the Lord watches over you always!

Orgill Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment